How do you feel about exercise? Do you love it or loathe it? How do you feel about exercise? Do you love it or loathe it?
Is it something you commit to doing regularly or are you like I was? I saw exercise as a means to an end – something I ‘needed’ to do in order to bring some balance to my yo-yo lifestyle, but exercising because I felt I had to not because I wanted to wasn’t really working for me which meant exercising was always at the bottom of my ‘to-do’ list.
What’s crazy was that despite trying to avoid it, I totally recognised that after I’d done it I felt great! I was more energised, happier and clear headed which made me more positive, productive and efficient! So actually, by avoiding exercise I was really limiting my own potential!
This got me thinking! What would happen if I could have those post-exercise feelings more regularly? What effect would it have on me, my life and my business?
I had to put it to the test so I started by setting myself a small challenge of exercising for at least 30 minutes 3 times a week. To make sure I stuck to it (my downfall in the past) I shared my little challenge with my husband (for accountability – he loves an excuse to nag me!) and promised myself a reward if I could stick to it for 3 weeks!
and the result…
I SMASHED it and treated myself to an amazing (and totally indulgent) massage…absolute bliss!
However, not only did the massage feel amazing, so did I!
I was so proud of myself for sticking to the challenge and was already starting to feel better too – my jeans were definitely feeling a little less snug and my to-do list was actually becoming a done list PLUS dare I say it? I was starting to actually enjoy the exercise and before long I found myself (willingly) exercising for 20-50 minutes 5/6 mornings a week! I never expected that!
So what does this mean for you? Whether you’re on the love or loathe side there is no denying that exercise provides positive benefits and if you’re not doing it you’re missing out on an easy way to supercharge your life and business?
Check out my top 5 exercise wins below…
1. Improved MindsetI was amazed by the change in my mindset. Choosing to get up early and exercise made me feel in total CONTROL of my day and my CONFIDENCE grew as I felt I was dictating how my day was going to be. Starting your day with powerful intentions that you stick can have a really positive effect on the decisions you make for the rest of the day too!
2. Increased knowledge and productivityI used my time at the gym not only to work on my positive mindset by listening to powerful, uplifting and motivating podcasts, but also to listen to audiobooks and watch videos that increased my knowledge and improved my thinking. As a result I became more creative – my brain was in a good space earlier in the day and I had the time and focus to let new ideas flow, plus because I exercised early I then had the rest of the day to implement and work on my ideas so my productivity and efficiency increased massively!
3. Improved metabolism I felt better by exercising and less inclined to damage my good work by eating an unhealthy breakfast so my first meal of the day improved – no more sugary cereal or toast! By getting up earlier and eating earlier I also kickstarted my metabolism sooner and my digestion improved meaning I lost the sluggish feeling I sometimes had. My serotonin levels were also boosted earlier in the day improving my overall mood too.
4. Change in body shapeExercise meant I also started to tone up and this was another positive effect on me and my mindset. I was seeing real results for my efforts and whilst it was a slow process, after I got over my initial disappoint of not looking like a Victoria Secret model after my first week, my friends and family also started to notice and i couldn’t deny my clothes felt better. These changes further increased my confidence that I could adapt to change and succeed if I applied discipline and stuck to it. All of this inspired me to look for other areas in my life and business which would benefit from change and I became more open to new opportunities and challenges as I knew with discipline I could succeed!
5. Release negative energy!Our bodies are just bundles of energy and if we don’t have a way to release some of it then it stays tightly wound in our bodies. This can leave us feeling stressed, on edge or jumpy. If you’re facing challenges, as you will in life generally, then you need to have an avenue for channelling your negative energy to put you in a relaxed state. Working hard is great and is sometimes necessary, but self-care is equally as important and more often forgotten. Understanding that the body and the mind need downtime is essential and exercise is an effective way to release any pent up energy and stress, relax your body, and contribute to better and more effective and restorative sleep which will make you more focussed and productive!
These are just 5 of the many benefits you can experience yourself just by making exercise a priority or a non-negotiable on your to-do list so don’t miss out – set your own challenge today!
If you’re struggling to see how you can fit exercise into your schedule or you’re firmly stuck in a loathe relationship then please get in touch through the contact form or drop me a private message through Facebook or Instagram to claim your free 30 minute success accelerator session – you’ve got nothing to lose and so much to gain!